|Best Time for this Trip
|October to February
|Cost of Trip by Bike
|Cost of Trip by Car
|Mumbai >> Vapi >> Valsad >> Navsari >> Ankleshwar >> Vadodara >> Anand >> Ahmedabad >> Halvad >> Lakadia >> Rapar >> Rann of Kutch
|Places to Visit on Route
|Tanasa River Bridge Kashikopar, Lord Shival Temple Bhalivali, Surya Waterfall Charoti, Purna River Bridge Navsari, Narmada Bridge Bharuch.
|Hotels in Vadodara
|Starting at ₹500 Per Night
|Hotels in Rann of Kutch
|Starting at ₹5000 Per Night
|Read the article given below to know everything about this trip in details.
This is going to be a great journey from the city of dreams to the salt marches of Gujarat working as a border between India and Pakistan. This article is all about the information you need for Mumbai to Rann of Kutch Road Trip. After working for long in a city like Mumbai, One must be planning to go out somewhere and life. So, let’s head out to somewhere you’ve never been before.
Mumbai to Rann of Kutch is a long way which will be taking about 16 hours to reach followed by the National Highway 48. The final destination will be on the edge of the country, the white desert of sand in Gujarat. Drive to Rann of Kutch from Mumbai will going to be the tiring one. So, We’ll suggest you, reach there and take rest in a hotel. We have a list of suggested hotels at the bottom of this article.
Kurla Police Station will be the starting point of your trip, You can choose any point in Mumbai based on your location, we are taking Kurla Police Station for example. Road conditions are good at most of the places and the route is quite filled with food points and fuel stations. So, there is nothing much to be careful about except your driving. So, let’s see the Mumbai to Rann of Kutch Road Trip plan. We’ll be including everything from how much will be the cost, what are the places to visit, what are the best hotels you can stay in, and much more.
You Maybe Interested In: Mumbai to Goa Road Trip
In this Mumbai to Rann of Kutch Road Trip Guide, we’ll take a look at:
What is the Best time to do Mumbai to Rann of Kutch Road Trip?
Before you start planning your trip to Rann of Kutch from Mumbai, you must know the best or suitable time to visit Rann of Kutch in Gujarat. Rann of Kutch is accessible throughout the year but if you know, The kutch festival takes place in winter months. So, the festival time will be best to visit. In the summer months, it may be hard to enjoy because of heat. So, the right time to visit Rann of Kutch starts from October and continues till February. September and other months of winters are also good for visiting but you won’t be able to attend the Kutch festival in other months.
What is the Cost of Mumbai to Rann of Kutch Road Trip?
Estimation on our website for Mumbai to Rann of Kutch Road Trip is given both for those who are going by Car and also for those who are going by bike. We’ve included all the necessary things like Fuel, Food, Stay, Vehicle (If Rented). So, let’s see how much this trip gonna cost you.
Cost of Mumbai to Rann of Kutch Road Trip by Bike
Journey will start from Kurla Police Station, Mumbai and the destination will be Rann of Kutch, Gujarat. For those who are going by bike, We are giving estimates for 2 People. Mumbai to Rann of Kutch road trip will be of 4 Days and 3 Nights. On average of 26 Kmpl, Fuel cost will be approximately 5,300 Rupees. If in case you have rented the bike, then you have to add Bike rental cost + 5,300 Rupees.
For stay, you will be taking a hotel for 3 nights. You can get a nice hotel room for 2 people at 3,000 Rupees per night (24 Hours). Food including Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner will cost approximately 6,000 Rupees for 2 people. Totaling all the expenses, your Mumbai to Rann of Kutch Road Trip by Bike will cost you 12,000 Rupees approximately.
Cost of Mumbai to Rann of Kutch Road Trip by Car
Journey will start from Kurla Police Station, Mumbai and the destination will be Rann of Kutch, Gujarat. For Car, We are taking estimates for 4 people and a Petrol car. The trip will be of same 4 Days and 3 Nights. If in case you have rented your vehicle, then you have to add Car rental cost + fuel cost. If you want to rent a vehicle, you can use Zoomcar and rent a vehicle for the road trip. On average, a car would give you a fuel economy of 15 Kmpl on highway. Fuel will cost you 9,200 Rupees approximately for a petrol car.
As you are going by Car, you will have to pay toll tax and other state taxes which will approximately cost you 1,500 rupees approximately. For stay, you will be taking a hotel for 3 nights. You can get a nice hotel room for 4 people at 6,000 Rupees per night. There is only 1 resort available for stay in Dholavira, you can stay a little far from Rann of Kutch to save cost on stay. Food including Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner will cost 12,000 Rupees for 4 people. Totaling all the expenses, your Mumbai to Rann of Kutch Road Trip by Car will cost you 29,000 Rupees approximately.
What is the Recommended Vehicle for Mumbai to Rann of Kutch Road Trip?
Going on a road trip, your vehicle is the first thing you have to take care of. The road from Mumbai to Rann of Kutch is perfect and any type of vehicle can easily cover this trip. So, these are the recommended vehicle for this road trip:
- Car – Any Diesel / Petrol Hatchbacks, SUVs, Compact SUVs, Sedans can be taken for this road trip.
- Bike & Scooty – You can use any bike or scooty for doing this trip. Scooters with manual gears are not recommended because your hands gonna get tired a lot.
Best Route for Mumbai to Rann of Kutch Road Trip
There are 3 different routes available from Mumbai to reach Rann of Kutch. We’ll be telling you the best route with taking in mind about fuel, food, and road conditions. Starting from Kurla Police Station, Mumbai this route will take you to Rann of Kutch Lake, Dholavira and then back to Mumbai once you are done exploring.
- Mumbai to Rann of Kutch via NH48 (848 KM – 16 Hours Approximately) (Best Route) – Kurla Police Station, Mumbai >> Vapi >> Valsad >> Navsari >> Ankleshwar >> Vadodara >> Anand >> Ahmedabad >> Halvad >> Lakadia >> Rapar >> Rann of Kutch (After Rann of Kutch, Follow the same route back to Mumbai).
- Mumbai to Rann of Kutch via NH947 (1,030 KM – 21 Hours Approximately) – Kurla Police Station, Mumbai >> Dombivli >> Igatpuri >> Nashik >> Satana >> Pimpalner >> Sangadh >> Ankleshwar >> Vadodara >> Anand >> Ahmedabad >> Halvad >> Lakadia >> Rapar >> Rann of Kutch (After Rann of Kutch, Follow the same route back to Mumbai).
- Mumbai to Rann of Kutch via NH60 and NH947 (1,143 KM – 23 Hours Approximately) – Kurla Police Station, Mumbai >> Dombivli >> Igatpuri >> Nashik >> Chandwad >> Malegaon >> Dhule >> Varshi >> Palasner >> Barwani >> Kukshi >> Alirajpur >> Jambughoda >> Halol >> Vadodara >> Anand >> Ahmedabad >> Halvad >> Lakadia >> Rapar >> Rann of Kutch (After Rann of Kutch, Follow the same route back to Mumbai).
Mumbai to Rann of Kutch Route via NH48 (848 Kms and 16 Hours Approximately)
Note:- This section is not important to read, it is just for reference for the route from Mumbai to Kutch and follows the directions from Google Maps. You can directly put the destination in Google Maps and follow the directions in real time.
What are the Places to Visit During Mumbai to Rann of Kutch Road Trip?
As you are going on a road trip, this means that you should explore and enjoy everything which comes in your way. We believe that you must visit all the famous places in your way to make the most out of your road trip. Feel like a free soul and explore each and every interesting thing which comes in your way. We are mentioning only those places which are easily accessible and can be noticed easily while passing by. So, these are the places which you can visit during your Mumbai to Rann of Kutch Road Trip:
- Tanasa River Bridge, Kashikopar – This river bridge has a scenic view in winters and monsoon season. So, if you are visiting it during the winters or monsoon months then take a break and click some pictures here.
- Lord Shiva Temple, Bhalivali – This isn’t just a temple located on hill, there is a small waterfall which can be a perfect place to take a halt and click some pictures.
- Surya Waterfall, Charoti – Located close to the surya river bridge, This waterfall is a nice place for taking stay. You can sit here for a while and click pictures, and enjoy the chillied water.
- Purna River Bridge, Navsari – It is a nice scenic river bridge surrounded by a lush green atmosphere. You can take a break and click some pictures here.
- Narmada Bridge, Bharuch – This wired bridge is a beautiful piece of engineering. We won’t suggest you take a halt here but keep your video camera ready.
Well, now you are at Rann of Kutch, explore it on your own and enjoy as much as you can because we travel to live, and one must live its life with all the enjoyment and happiness.
What are the Best Food Places on Mumbai to Rann of Kutch Road Trip Route?
National Highway 48 towards Rann of Kutch goes through many towns and cities so it has a good number of food places available on the route. Among a lot of places lying between the route, there are some food points and restaurants from where you can have a good meal. We’ve listed down all the preferred food places in between Mumbai to Rann of Kutch. These are the food places you can eat at:
- Hotel Ahura, Ambivali Tarf Bahare – This is one of the most popular hotels on this route. Perfect for taking a break here and having a lite meal will be a good idea.
- Hotel Decent, Palsana – It is a pure vegetarian hotel located on National Highway 48. Hotel Decent will be a good option for having lunch or dinner. You can also pick some snacks for the journey from here.
- Hotel New Shama, Haldarva – Located on Surat – Baroda highway, Hotel New Shama is a good place to have dinner or lunch. Again this is a pure vegetarian food place and you’ll be getting a wide range of food options available here.
- Hotel Ronak Pure Veg, Haldarva – This is also a popular hotel in Haldarva lying on the Surat – Baroda highway. Food is tasty at this place and the prices are reasonable.
- Karnavati Restra, Sanand – This is a popular fast food point in Sanand. If you want to take a quick break, you can stop here.
- Hotel Honest, Malia – If you ask me about the most visited restaurants on this route, Hotel Honest will be the answer. You can take a break here for any time of meal as they offer a wide range of food options.
Itinerary of Mumbai to Rann of Kutch Road Trip
Route for the trip is a little long so taking a break in between will be a good option. So, we will be taking a break at Vadodara on day 1 and then will continue for Rann of Kutch. So, that you can reach there with a fresh mind and body. Here is the complete Itinerary of the road trip:
Day 1: Mumbai to Vadodara (412 Kms)
- Leave from Mumbai before or around 7 AM to avoid major traffic blocks and reach vadodara with enough time in hand to relax and go out for dinner.
- Enjoy your drive going over the Tanasa River Bridge in Kashidkopar just 67 Kms ahead of Mumbai. You’ll arrive here around 9 AM if you leave by 7 AM.
- Take a quick break at Lord Shiva Temple in Bhalivali where you can spot a little waterfall.
- Continue your drive for another 1 hour and you’ll arrive at Surya Waterfall in Charoti. Take a photography break here and then continue driving towards Vadodara. On the way till Vadodara, you’ll experience Purna River Bridge and Narmada Bridge.
- You’ll arrive in Vadodara around 4 PM. Take rest and plan dinner somewhere in Vadodara. Next day, we’ll leave for Rann of Kutch.
These two are perfect options for stay in vadodara as these hotels are right on highway so you don’t need to struggle in city. Check them out:
Day 2 and 3: Vadodara to Rann of Kutch (467 Kms)
- Leave from Vadodara early in the morning so that you can check-in to the hotel in Dholavira (Rann of Kutch) timely.
- Take rest and then move out to visit Rann of Kutch which will be just a few minutes away from your hotel. Although, you can easily notice white sand around you once you reach Dholavira.
- Rann of Kutch consists one of the world’s largest salt desserts spread in about 10,000 square kms. On Day 2 and 3, we’ll be exploring Rann of Kutch and other nearby attractions like Kutch Museum, Fossil Park, Mandvi Beach, Aaina Mahal, Narayan Sarovar Sanctuary, etc.
We’ve listed out these places as the best options for your stay close to Rann of Kutch. Rann of Kutch doesn’t get hotels like a city, so don’t look out for too much. Check them out:
Day 4: Rann of Kutch to Mumbai (880 Kms)
Leave for Mumbai early in the morning as the way back to Mumbai will be taking around 18-20 hours of drive. You can choose to take night halt at Vadodara as we did while coming to Rann of Kutch. If you are not the only driver, you can easily cover this 880 kms of journey in a day.
Best Hotels for Stay in Rann of Kutch During Road Trip
This road trip from Mumbai is going to be a long one. We suggest you leave early morning and reach Rann of Kutch by night. If in case you want to take a halt in the middle then we also have some hotel suggestions listed below. There are not many hotels available close to Rann of Kutch so we’ve listed hotels available nearby. I hope you’ll get a hotel for yourself from the list below.
Best Hotels for Stay in Vadodara
Here are some hotels where you can take a halt in middle and continue your journey the next day. These hotels are on the main NH48 so you don’t have to go in the city. You can simply stay here and continue the journey without any city struggle.
- Banyan Paradise Resort – Rs.3,000 Per Day
- Comfort Inn Donil Vadodara – Rs.3,000 Per Day
- Hotel Mary Land by Sky Ways – Rs.1,299 Per Day
Best Hotels for Stay in Rann of Kutch
- Rann Resort Dholavira – Rs.3,000 Per Day
- Amrut Bagh Resort – Rs.5,000 Per Day
- Radisson Hotel Kandla – Rs.6,440 Per Day
There are many hotels available in Bhuj with different price options but that’s a bit far from the Rann of Kutch.
If you have any other query regarding Mumbai to Rann of Kutch Road Trip then let us know in comment section below and we will definitely get back to you ASAP.
Mumbai to Rann of Kutch Road Trip FAQs
Mumbai to Rann of Kutch via NH48 (848 KM – 16 Hours Approximately) (Best Route) – Kurla Police Station, Mumbai >> Vapi >> Valsad >> Navsari >> Ankleshwar >> Vadodara >> Anand >> Ahmedabad >> Halvad >> Lakadia >> Rapar >> Rann of Kutch (After Rann of Kutch, Follow the same route back to Mumbai).
The kutch festival takes place in winter months. So, the festival time will be best to visit. In the summer months, it may be hard to enjoy because of heat. So, the right time to visit Rann of Kutch starts from October and continues till February.
Mumbai to Rann of Kutch trip by road will cost you Rs.12,000 by Bike or two people and Rs.29,000 by car for 4 people. This cost includes hotel, food, fuel, toll tax, and other essential expenses.
There are not much hotels available in Kutch so we’ve listed some hotels near to the Rann of Kutch. Here are the hotels you can stay at during your road trip to Ran of Kutch:
- Rann Resort Dholavira
- Amrut Bagh Resort
- Radisson Hotel Kandla
I love to travel places and write about my experiences and travel guides to help people in making their travel plans with ease. Otherthan traveling and blogging, I work on my internet ventures and provide internet business consulting.