Dehradun to Nainital Road Trip is basically a drive among clouds everywhere. Everyone loves to visit mountains far from their place of residence for leisure. To make your Dehradun to Nainital road trip convenient and enjoyable, we will be telling you everything about Dehradun to Nainital Road Trip. We will tell you everything including Route, the Best time to visit, Food places, Places to Stay, Places to Visit, How to Reach there?, How to go by Bike, How to go by Car, and a lot more about this trip.
Dehradun is the capital city of Uttarakhand. Dehradun is among those few places which are called heaven on earth. Mussourie is the nearest and one of the most famous hill stations from Dehradun. Nainital is also a part of Uttarakhand and is named among the most famous hill stations in India and especially in North India. Well, let’s quickly start with Dehradun to Nainital Road Trip Plan and Everything you need to know about it.
In this Dehradun – Nainital Road Trip Guide, we’ll take a look at:
What is the Best time to do Dehradun to Nainital Road Trip?
Nainital and Dehradun are the places which can be visited throughout the year if you are covered with clothes. You will get to see pleasant weather all the year in these places. Still, those who are bit old age or kids, winters can be a little uncomfortable.
If we talk about a generally best time then the best time to do Dehradun to Nainital road trip will be April to June and then September to October. During these months, people of all age groups can enjoy the road trip without any problems.
What is the Cost of Dehradun to Nainital Road Trip?
Estimation on our website are give both for those who are going by Car and also for those who are going by bike. We’ve included all the necessary things like Fuel, Food, Stay, Vehicle (If Rented). So, let’s see how much this trip gonna cost you.
Cost for Road Trip by Bike
For the bike, I am taking estimates for 2 People. Dehradun to Nainital trip will be of 3 Days and 2 Nights. On average of 30 Kmpl, Fuel cost will be approximately 1500 Rupees. If in case you have rented the bike, then you have to add Bike rental cost + 1500 Rupees. For stay, you will be taking a hotel for 2 nights. You can get a nice hotel room for 2 people at 3000 Rupees for 2 Nights (Day 1 11 AM to Day 2 11 AM, Day 2 11 AM to Day 3 11 AM). Food including Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner will cost 2500 Rupees for 2 people. Totaling all the expenses, your Dehradun to Nainital Road Trip by Bike will cost you 7000+ Rupees approximately.
Cost for Road Trip by Car
For Car, I am taking estimates for 4 people and a Petrol car. The trip will be of same 3 Days and 2 Nights. If in case you have rented your vehicle, then you have to add Car rental cost + fuel cost. On average, a car would give you a fuel economy of 12 Kmpl because on mountains you will be slow and gears will be changed frequently. Fuel will cost you 3500 Rupees approximately for a petrol car. For stay, you will be taking a hotel for 2 nights. You can get a nice hotel room for 4 people at 6000 Rupees for 2 Nights (Day 1 11 AM to Day 2 11 AM, Day 2 11 AM to Day 3 11 AM). Food including Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner will cost 5000 Rupees for 4 people. Totaling all the expenses, your Dehradun to Nainital Road Trip by Car will cost you 14500+ Rupees approximately.
What is the Recommended Vehicle for Dehradun to Nainital Road Trip?
Going on a road trip, your vehicle is the first thing you have to take care of. The road from dehradun to nainital is well built and doesn’t have any rough or too bad to drive surface in between the route. So, these are the recommended vehicle for this road trip:
- Car – Any Hatchback, Sedan, or SUV will work (Petrol / Diesel). CNG and electric cars (like E2o) are not suggested because CNG won’t be able to give you good performance while going up on the mountains and also you will not be getting much CNG pumps for getting Gas fueled up. Electric cars are not able to do long journies, you will not get charging sockets in between the route.
- Bike & Scooty – You can use any bike or scooty for doing this trip. Scooters with manual gears are not recommended because your hands gonna get tired a lot.
Route of Dehradun to Nainital Road Trip
There are 3 different routes available to do this road trip. We will be taking you through the best route among these 3 routes. These are the 3 routes available along with distance:
- Haridwar Road (279 Kms – 7 Hours 19 Minutes Approx.) (BEST ROUTE) – Dehradun >> Haridwar >> Najiabad >> Nagina >> Kashipur >> Ramnagar >> Nainital.
- Haridwar Road and MDR 26W (324 Kms – 7 Hours and 53 Minutes Approx.) – Dehradun >> Haridwar >> Mandawar >> Bijnor >> Noorpur >> Seohara >> Thakurdwara >> Kashipur >> Ramnagar >> Nainital.
- Haridwar Road and Bijnor – Muradabad Road (323 Kms – 7 Hours 51 minutes Approx.) – Dehradun >> Haridwar >> Bhaguwala >> Najiabad >> Nethaur >> Noorpur >> Cosmos Hospital Moradabad >> Dharampur >> Maswasi >> Karadhungi >> Nainital.
Dehradun to Nainital Route via Haridwar Road (279 Kms and 7 Hours 19 Minutes Approximately)
What are the Places to Visit During Dehradun to Nainital Road Trip?
Because you are going on a road trip, this means that you should explore and enjoy everything which comes in your way. I believe that you must visit all the famous places in your way to make the most out of your road trip. You will be free to stop at any place. We are mentioning only those places which are easily accessible and can be noticed easily while passing by. So, these are the places which you can visit during your Dehradun to Nainital Road Trip:
- The Fun Valley, Haridwar Road, Lal Tappar, Dehradun – It is a water park which can be enjoyed if you are with kids.
- Rajaji National Park, Motichur Gate – If you want to explore wild life, you should visit this place. You will to explore a lot with your own vehicle.
- Shantikunj, Haridwar – This is the most famous place in Haridwar for members of Gayatri Family and those who wish to explore this place and want to know about it.
- Swami Vivekanand Park, Har ki Pauri – This park is covered from two sides by river Ganges. You will be having an excellent view of Har ki pauri from this park.
- Har Ki Pauri – Experience the perfect and closest view of holy Ganges. Also, if you visit at dusk, you will get to see Ganga Aarti which is very famous.
- Kosi Bairaaj Park, Ramnagar – You can take a halt at this place and explore a barrage. Also, near to this place you will see a public park whcih is good for picnic purposes.
- Corbett Falls – This place is a little far from your way, but this place worth a visit.
- Woodland Water Falls, Smanora Range – Again a mus visit water fall which is too close to your way.
- Himalayan Botanical Garden, Smanora Range – This is a botanical garden which you should visit on your way.
- KhrupaTal View Point, Lake, Smanora Range – It is perfect location for a family to explore lake from an excellent view.
- Cave Garden, Sukhatal – Garden park with shade trees, multiple caves for exploring & a mechanical bull ride.
Now, you are in Nainital, Enjoy and explore everything.
What are the Best Food Places on Dehradun to Nainital Road Trip Route?
Generally, there are a lot of food places in between trip route. While traveling, you should only have lite meals. Avoid eating a lot of spices and also avoid trying unhealthy dishes. Among a lot of places lying between the route, there are some well-known food points and restaurants from where you can have a good meal. We’ve listed down all the preferred food places in between Dehradun to Nainital. These are the food places you should eat at:
- Ann jal, Haridwar
- Chaturvedi Food Court, Najiabad
- Doon Vaishno Garhwali Tourist Dhaba, Afzalgarh
- Indyaki, Kumaon
- Corbett Food Village, Ramnagar
- Mudhouse Under Mangoes, Ramnagar
Itinerary of Dehradun to Nainital Road Trip
Nainital is not so far from Dehradun, it’ll take 8 hours to reach Nainital if you don’t take breaks. But, as everyone does, you need about 12 hours to reach Nainital along with visiting some of the places lying on route. This itinerary is planned in a way so that you can enjoy everything that comes on your way and in Nainital. So, let’s take a look at how you are going to do this road trip according to the Dehradun to Nainital Road Trip Itinerary:
Day 1: Dehradun to Nainital (283 Kms)
- Leave from Dehradun early in the morning before 6 AM so that you can reach Nainital with enough time in hand.
- Take first stop at Har Ki Pauri where you’ll reach in about 2 hours. Continue your ride from here till Kosi Barrage park which is about 4 hours ahead of Har Ki Pauri. Once you reach here, you can easily reach Nainital in few hours from here.
- Starting from Kosi Barrage, we’ll take quick breaks at some interesting points which are Corbett Falls (27 Kms Ahead), and Woodland Waterfalls (30 Kms Ahead).
- Nainital is just 10 kms ahead of Woodland Waterfalls.
- Once you reach Nainital, Check-in to the hotel and take rest. Go out in the evening and enjoy your dinner.
- On Day 2 and Day 3, we will be exploring Nainital.
These two are perfect options for stay in Nanital as these hotels are right in the center of Naintal so you don’t need to drive a lot to reach anywhere. Check them out:
Day 2 and 3: Exploring Nainital
Day 2 and 3 we are going to spend in exploring nainital. Those who are in hurry can exploring some major nearby places and head back to Dehradun. Why I am saying this because a lot of people gonna consider this trip as a weekend getaway. Here are the places you can explore in Nainital on Day 1 and Day 2:
- Nainital Lake
- Tiffin Top
- Snow View Point
- High Altitude Zoo
- The Mall Road
- Eco Cave Gardens
- Nainital Ropeway
- Naina Peak
- Lands End
- Bhimtal Lake
- St. John’s Church
- Raj Bhawan – Governor’s House
- Naina Devi Temple
- Hanuman Garhi
- Khurpartal Lake
Day 4: Back to Dehradun (283 Kms)
As we have explored Nainital enough, it is the time to leave back for Dehradun and join our regular life. It’ll take around 9-10 hours from Nainital to reach Dehradun if you take couple of breaks in between.
Best Hotels for Stay in Nainital During Road Trip
Being one of the most visited hill stations, Nainital has a lot of hotels, villas, resorts, and cottages for a stay. One thing which fluctuates your stay place is your budget. We’ve taken out some of the best locations to stay in Nainital. Have a look at them:
- The Hive Cottage, Nainital – ₹3,825/ Per Night
- The Naini Retreat, Nainital – ₹9,000/ Per Night
- Goroomgo Kohinoor Nainital – ₹1,149/ Per Night
- The Maple Residences, Nainital – ₹2,943/ Per Night
- Goroomgo Neelam Hotel Mallital, Nainital – ₹849/ Per Night
We have provided all the necessary information you will be needing for Dehradun to Nainital Road Trip. If you want to know anything relating to your trip then feel free to ask us in the comments section below. We will get back to you very shortly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dehradun to nainital trip by road is sort of a budget trip which anyone can do. If you are going by bike then the trip will cost you around Rs.7000 for 2 people with 3 days and 2 nights stay. If you are going Nainital by Car then then the trip for 4 people with 3 days and 2 nights stay will cost you Rs.14,500+ approximately.
Nainital is a place which can be visited throughout the year. So, you can basically travel to Nainital from Dehradun during any time of the year. If you are planning to go by bike then monsoon season and snow season can be difficult for you. But if you are going otherwise, Nainital can be visited during any time of the year.
Nainital is about 300 kms far from Dehradun. One can easily reach Nanital by car or a bike from Dehradun. There are public transport buses also available for the same route. Road is good for going by your own vehicle too.
I love to travel places and write about my experiences and travel guides to help people in making their travel plans with ease. Otherthan traveling and blogging, I work on my internet ventures and provide internet business consulting.