Please Rate this Article:
Tawang is an extremely adventurous and unique place to experience. Guwahati to Tawang Road Trip is an adventurous road trip which one must do in their life at least once. This road trip is made for those who love to explore and travel to amazing places.
Visiting a place like Tawang is in the wishlist of every traveler. Before taking this road trip, you must know about several things like how to go there? what is the best route? where to eat? where to stay? how much it will cost? etc. We’ve got you covered with all your questions regarding your upcoming Guwahati to Tawang Road Trip.
Every individual needs to draw the Inner Line Permit (ILP). It doesn’t matter if you are Indian or foreigner, you will have to get ILP to enter Arunachal Pradesh. The distance of Tawang from Guwahati is about 510 Km and cannot be covered in one go. Here is the complete itinerary of Guwahati to Tawang Road Trip. Also, if you like this article then please don’t forget to rate this post out of 5 stars given at starting of this article.
What is the Best time to do Guwahati to Tawang Road Trip?
Before planning your trip, you must know about the best time to visit the place you are planning to go to. Tawang is a place where weather is pretty uncertain and due to weather, survival situations in Tawang gets worse. Many people visit Tawang in winters but it is not a suitable time for the trip. The best time to do Guwahati to Tawang road trip is summers and the onset of monsoon. Weather at this time is comfortable for tourists. You can visit Tawang in March, April, May, June, September, and October. These months are perfect for your trip.
How to Get Inner Line Permit (ILP) for Tawang?
Getting an inner line permit is easy. You can apply for ILP online on their official website. Form on the website of Arunachal ILP needed to be filled with all the required information. Districts which you have decided to visit must be selected while filling the form for ILP. To make this process simple, we have mentioned all the steps which you need to perform to get ILP for Tawang. Here are the steps:
- Click here to go to official website of ILP filing portal of Arunachal.
- Fill the form with all the required details.
- Take a printout of the ILP you get from portal after making payment. Fee will be Rs.100 + transaction charges.
What is the Cost of Guwahati to Tawang Road Trip?
Estimations on our website are give both for those who are going by Car and also for those who are going by bike. We’ve included all the necessary things like Fuel, Food, Stay, Vehicle (If Rented). So, let’s see how much this trip gonna cost you.
Guwahati to Tawang Road Trip Cost by Bike
For the bike, I am taking estimates for 2 People. Guwahati to Tawang trip will be of 6 Days and 5 Nights. On average of 25 Kmpl, Fuel cost will be approximately 2,800 Rupees. If in case you have rented the bike, then you have to add Bike rental cost + 2,800 Rupees. For stay, you will be taking a hotel for 5 nights. Hotel room for a 1 night will be booked between your way towards Tawang and 1-night hotel room while coming back to Guwahati. We have mentioned hotels according to the place at which you will be needing a hotel. For an estimate, we are taking 2,000 for a hotel room per night. So, you can get a hotel room for 2 people at 10,000 Rupees for 5 Nights (Day 1 11 AM to Day 2 11 AM, Day 2 11 AM to Day 3 11 AM and so on). Food including Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner will cost 10,000 Rupees for 2 people. Totaling all the expenses, your Guwahati to Tawang Road Trip by Bike will cost you 22,800+ Rupees approximately.
Guwahati to Tawang Road Trip Cost by Car
For Car, I am taking estimates for 4 people and a Petrol car. The trip will be of the same 6 Days and 5 Nights. If in case you have rented your vehicle, then you have to add Car rental cost + fuel cost. On average, a car would give you a fuel economy of 12 Kmpl because in mountains you will be slow and gears will be changed frequently. Fuel will cost you 5,800 Rupees approximately for a petrol car.
For stay, you will be taking a hotel for 5 nights. Hotel room for a 1 night will be booked between your way towards Tawang and 1-night hotel room while coming back to Guwahati. You can get a nice hotel room for 4 people at 15,000 Rupees for 5 Nights (Day 1 11 AM to Day 2 11 AM, Day 2 11 AM to Day 3 11 AM and so on). As you are going by car, you have to pay the toll tax. Toll tax will cost you around 1500 for a return journey. Food including Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner will cost 15,000 Rupees for 4 people. Totaling all the expenses, your Guwahati to Tawang Road Trip by Car will cost you 37,500+ Rupees approximately.
What is the Recommended Vehicle for Guwahati to Tawang Road Trip?
When you are going on a road trip, you have to make sure that your vehicle must be in good condition. Also, avoid taking vehicles older than 8-10 years to places like Tawang. Roads at many places are not in good condition, as you get closer to Tawang you will notice bad roads. So, these are the recommended vehicles for this trip:
- Car – Any Compact SUV or SUV will work (Petrol / Diesel). With a little bit of issue, you can get there with a car like Maruti Celario which gets higher ground clearance. Electric cars (like E2o) are not suggested because you won’t be getting any charging station for your electric car. Also, Electric cars are not able to do long journies.
- Bike & Scooty – You can use any bike or scooty for doing this trip. Scooters with manual gears are not recommended because your hands gonna get tired a lot. Also, with scooty you will face issue so it will be good if you can get a bike for this trip.
Best Route for Guwahati to Tawang Road Trip
There are two different routes available for Guwahati to Tawang road trip. We will be taking you through the best possible route for this road trip. This is the best route available for going to Guwahati to Tawang:
- NH13 (450 Kms – 15 Hours Approx.) (BEST ROUTE) – Barasapra Cricket Stadium, Guwahati >> Baihata >> Sipajhar >> Kalaigaon >> Bhairabkund >> Kalaktang >> Rupa >> Rahung >> Marmang >> Old Market, Cona, Tawang.
- Chariduar – Tawang Road (509 Kms – 15 Hours Approx.) (NO TRAFFIC ROUTE) – Barasapra Cricket Stadium, Guwahati >> Khetri >> Nagaon >> Kaliabor >> Tezpur >> Balipara >> Bhalukpong >> Bomdila >> Dirang >> Marmang >> Old Market, Cona, Tawang.
Guwahati to Tawang Route via National Highway 13 (450 Kms and 15 Hours Approximately)
Directions mentioned here are just for reading and reference purposes. You can get real-time directions from Google Maps which is available on all mobile platforms. You can take an idea of the route by reading these directions.From Barasapa Cricket Stadium, take AK Dev road towards National Highway 27.
What are the Places to Visit During Guwahati to Tawang Road Trip?
A road trip is not limited to the destination and place from where you are traveling. You must make your road trip a memorable experience. On a road trip, you should experience and enjoy each and everything which comes on your way. So, there are some places which are on your way toward Tawang from Guwahati:
- Bhairabkund Satsang Vihar, Bhairabkund – This is a place where you will be able to see Bhutan and India border. You are just a few meters away from Bhutan at this place. Along with this, if the weather is nice you can click some amazing pictures here. Also, this place onwards, you will enter in the region of extremely beautiful nature and every spot is perfect for photography.
- Buddha Park, Cona, Bomdila – At this place you can take a halt and enjoy with friends for few minutes.
- Dirang River, Shannan – If you want to enjoy hot water spring then this is the place for you. Also, you can enjoy some sports at this place.
- Nyukmadong war Memorial, Shannan – This is a popular tourist attraction which was built after the 1962 War. You must visit this place and pay a tribute to our great soldiers.
- Sela Lake and Sela Pass, Shannan – This is an extremely popular tourist attraction on the way towards Tawang. You should stop here and take some amazing pictures.
- Jaswant Garh War Memorial, Shannan – Again a War Memorial which is popular among tourists going towards Tawang.
You will soon arrive in Tawang and then do explore it and enjoy.
What are the Best Food Places on Guwahati to Tawang Road Trip Route?
Generally, there are a lot of food places in between trip route. While traveling, you should only have lite meals. Avoid eating a lot of spices and also avoid trying unhealthy dishes. Among a lot of places lying between the route, there are some well-known food points and restaurants from where you can have a good meal. We’ve listed down all the preferred food places in between Guwahati to Tawang. These are the food places you should eat at:
- Khar Khua Resort and Dhaba, Mangaldoi, Assam
- Green View, Cona, Shannan
- Lobsang Hindu Restaurant, Shannan
Best Hotels for Stay in Tawang During Guwahati to Tawang Road Trip
Being a hill station and popular travel spot, Tawang has a decent number of hotels, villas, resorts, and cottages for a stay. One thing which fluctuates your stay place is your budget. We’ve taken out some of the best locations to stay in Tawang. Also, we have mentioned 1 hotel for the stay while you are on your way towards Tawang and getting back to Guwahati. Have a look at them:
When you are travelling towards Tawang, you can take a room at Galaxy Lodge, Station Road, Udalguri. Also, you can take the same hotel when you are coming back to Guwahati.
Hotels in Tawang:
We have provided all the necessary information you will be needing for Guwahati to Tawang Road Trip. If you want to know anything relating to your trip then feel free to ask us in the comments section below. We will get back to you very shortly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Guwahati to Tawang trip is not a costly one. Anyone with a decent budget can do this trip by a bike or a car. Doing this trip by bike will cost you Rs.22,800 for 2 people and if you do this trip by car for 4 people it will cost you Rs.37,500 approximately.
The best time to do Guwahati to Tawang road trip is summers and the onset of monsoon. Weather at this time is comfortable for tourists. You can visit Tawang in March, April, May, June, September, and October. These months are perfect for your trip.
Yes, Tawang can easily be reached by a bike or a car. You just need to be good with biking skills as the route is not so wide and also this is mountain region so you’ll need your biking skills there. Also, you should be physically fit in order to travel to tawang by bike.
Yes, you have to get inner line permit to enter tawang region. Inner line permit can easily be withdrawn online on official website of andhra pradesh government. You need to fill basic information in ILP form on the website and you’ll get ILP to enter tawang region.